For all job details, download the relevant job pack.
ACON is an EEO employer and encourages people with HIV, in particular, to apply.
1) Download and follow the instructions within the relevant job pack.
2) Download and complete the ACON Employment Application form
3) Address the selection criteria as outlined in the job pack.
4) Submit a copy of your resume (CV) including referees and cover letter.
5) Email your complete application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you submit your application, ensure you have the following:
- Completed ACON Employment Application form
- Document addressing the selection criteria as outlined in the position description
- Copy of your resume (CV) including referees
- Cover letter
There are currently two positions available.
We are looking for a qualified social worker, occupational therapist or psychologist to utilise their leadership and excellent counselling skills in a role that provides real clinical variety.
The role is responsible for the day to day operational needs of counselling services.
This position incorporates a variety of tasks including coordination of intake and assessment for direct client services and line supervision of the counselling team and a small counselling caseload.
The role includes providing brief interventions and referrals for clients presenting with HIV, domestic and family violence, mental health and other health concerns.
Skills and Experience:
- Professional qualifications in social work, occupational therapy or psychology
- Minimum of three years’ experience in sexual health/mental health/AOD
- Registered with the relevant professional body
- Experience in delivering line supervision in a multidisciplinary environment
- Possess skills in the following interventions: Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Solutions Focused Brief Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Motivational Interviewing and Positive Behavioural approaches.
This position is full time (35 hrs/wk) and based in Sydney.
Applications close 5pm Monday, 14 December 2015.
For more information about the role, please contact Sarah Lambert, Manager, Wellbeing Programs on 02 9206 2000.
Download: Team Leader Counselling Services Nov 2015 (71KB doc)
- Do you have extensive experience in workplace diversity at a strategic level with hands-on experience in LGBTI* inclusion initiatives?
- Are you an experienced people manager with the passion and dritve to succeed in a fast paced not-for-profit environment with limited funding and resources?
- Do you have vision with a flair for strategy development and business growth?
If you enjoy a fast paced, busy role, with a strong team focus, this job could be for you.
Pride in Diversity sits within the ACON suite of programs and is Australia’s national not-for-profit employer support program specifically designed to assist employers with all aspects of LGBTI inclusion. Pride in Diversity is also the publisher of the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI), Australia’s national LGBTI workplace inclusion benchmarking instrument from which the Prestigious Top 20 Employers for LGBTI Employees are announced.
We’re looking for an experienced, self-motivated, highly efficient people manager with experience in LGBTI workplace inclusion initiatives.
The successful candidate will have proven experience in strategy development, planning & business growth. This position will work closely with the Director Pride in Diversity, to deliver against the strategic plan and to expand the program offerings into new markets.
This role incorporates a variety of tasks including implementation and oversight of new initiatives, stakeholder engagement, relationship management, sponsorship acquisition, training & facilitation, strategy development, HR consulting and business development.
This role will also be responsible for assisting with the development of a technology strategy and the introduction of internet technologies for online engagement and training. Formal HR qualifications highly regarded.
This is a Management position sitting with the leadership team of the ACON Training & Consulting Division. The role will have three direct reports, all Workplace Education and Relationship Managers within the Pride in Diversity program.
Experience in strategic diversity initiatives, LGBTI Workplace Inclusion and online real-time technologies are essential.
Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills are required along with a professional presentation and sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
The ideal candidate must be able to travel nationally occasionally and participate in the occasional evening event.
Applicants must be comfortable working in an LGBTI community organisation.
This position is full time (35 hrs/wk) and based in Surry Hills.
Applications close 5pm Friday, 11 December 2015.
For more information about the role, please contact Dawn Hough, Director of Training & Consulting on (02) 9206 2000.
Download: Job Pack Senior Program Manager, Pride in Diversity Nov 2015 (659KB doc)
Find Out More
For more information about ACON recruitment, please contact ACON’s Human Resources Team:
(02) 9206 2000