The safety and wellbeing of our clients, community members, employees and volunteers are our top priority. Due to the evolving situation surrounding COVID-19, we are enacting a range of measures, which will impact the provision and delivery of various ACON services, programs, initiatives and events. The following measures have been implemented, effective immediately.
ACON COUNSELLING, CARE COORDINATION AND INTAKE SERVICES
ACON counselling, care coordination and intake services are still operating with services now being delivered online.
Contact ACON on (02) 9206 2000 or visit our mental health support resource for more information on ACON counselling services.
ACON HOME-BASED CARE PROGRAMS
Home-based care programs (community visitors scheme and community support network) are delivering care remotely, including contactless delivery of meals to our most vulnerable clients.
ACON HIV AND STI PEER TESTING SERVICE
ACON’s a[TEST] Oxford St will continue operating and provide our communities access to rapid HIV testing and STI screenings.
- Hours of operation will be six days a week.
- It will operate from Monday to Saturday.
- Testing will be done by appointment only. Until further notice, walk-in service has been suspended.
- Other ACON testing services will be temporarily closed until further notice including a[TEST] Kings Cross, a[TEST] Newtown, a[TEST] Surry Hills, trans[TEST], a[TEST] Chinese Clinic and Check OUT: LGBTIQ+ Sexual Health Clinic.
ACON NEEDLE & SYRINGE PROGRAM
ACON will continue to run the Needle & Syringe Program in Surry Hills, Newcastle and Lismore. Social distancing measures are now in place to limit face-to-face interaction. Services may be revised as the situation develops.
ACON HEAD OFFICE
ACON Head Office in Surry Hills will be operating with limited reception staff.
ACON will continue to inform our communities of the latest health advice and information. To get the latest ACON news:
- Follow ACON on Facebook (facebook.com/aconhealth/)
- Follow ACON on Twitter (twitter.com/aconhealth)
- Follow ACON on Instagram (instagram.com/aconnsw)
- Subscribe to the ACON newsletter (aconhealth.org.au/news_sign_up)
OTHER ACON SERVICES & PROGRAMS
All non-essential ACON events, in-person meetings, social meet-ups, information forums, peer education workshops, training sessions, community gatherings and awards presentations have been cancelled or postponed until further notice.
The ACON Meeting Centre (Level 3, 414 Elizabeth Street, Surry Hills) will be temporarily closed until restrictions are eased.
All temporary closure periods and suspension of events may be subject to extension.
All other programs and services are running as usual for now, but the situation may change.
ACON SOCIAL & COMMUNITY EVENTS
As directed by the Government, all non-essential indoor gatherings are no longer permitted.
ACON has cancelled or postponed all ACON in-person events scheduled until 9 July.
ACON will provide updates on new dates and developments as they come to hand.
All other ACON staff are working and providing services from home until further notice.