ACON offers a colourful, nurturing and fun workplace.
Our staff and volunteers are the foundation for our ongoing effectiveness. We are committed to our employee’s professional development and engagement – ensuring we build our capabilities with people that have the right values, attitudes, skills and knowledge.
ACON is an EEO employer. As part of our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, people with HIV, and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
For all job details, download the relevant job pack.
How To Apply
1) Download and follow the instructions within the relevant job pack.
2) Download and complete the ACON Employment Application Form
3) Address the selection criteria as outlined in the job pack.
4) Submit a copy of your resume (CV) including referees and cover letter.
5) Email your complete application to email@example.com
Before you submit your application, ensure you have the following:
- Completed ACON Employment Application form
- Document addressing the selection criteria as outlined in the position description
- Copy of your resume (CV) including referees
- Cover letter
- Full-Time Ongoing Position
- Work to improve the health and wellbeing of gay, bi+ and queer men of Asian Cultural Backgrounds (trans and cis) in greater Sydney.
- Perfect entry opportunity for those who are looking to work in community health!
- Join a diverse and passionate team that works hard to create change for our communities
We are looking for an enthusiastic person who is passionate about using their lived and professional experience to improve the sexual health and wellbeing of gay, bi+ and queer men of Asian cultural background (trans and cis) across NSW.
This role is responsible for
- Running workshops and events which support the health needs of Asian gay, bi+ and queer men (trans and cis) living in great Sydney.
- Designing, updating, planning, running and evaluating of a range of health promotion activities such as workshops and forums.
- Support a team of committed and passionate volunteers who work with you to deliver ACON’s health initiatives.
You will be joining a diverse and dynamic team that works hard to improve equity and health outcomes for all within our community. If you are passionate about making a difference and are interested in community health and wellbeing, apply below!
What you will need to apply:
- Knowledge and understanding of the issues and challenges facing Asian gay, bi+ and queer men who have sex with men living in Greater Sydney.
- Experience in peer-group facilitation, training, and/or public speaking.
- Good communication skills, with the ability to work with different styles of communication.
- Computer literacy skills (Microsoft word, excel and PowerPoint).
- Good time and project management skills.
- Understanding of and commitment to ACON’s communities, particularly people living with HIV/AIDS.
- Applicants must be able to provide evidence of full and current Covid 19 Vaccination.
Total Remuneration Package: $72,008 to $75,417 includes superannuation and leave loading, commensurate with skills and experience. Salary Packaging up to $30,000 gross up value (i.e. currently up to $15,899 tax free).
All applications must include:
- a completed ACON application form;
- a document addressing the selection criteria (max. 4 pages); and
- your resume (max. 3 pages)
For further information regarding this position and to receive a job information pack, please contact:
Harrison Sarasola on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close Thursday 2nd December 2021.
Find Out More
For more information about ACON recruitment, please contact ACON’s Human Resources Team:
(02) 9206 2000